Indulge in the culinary marvel that is the Air-Fried Lemon Drizzle Cake, a symphony of citrus-infused delight that perfectly balances zesty freshness with a moist, tender crumb. This recipe transforms the conventional baking process, harnessing the efficiency of an air fryer to create a confectionary masterpiece.
Gather the essential components for this culinary escapade: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of softened unsalted butter, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
Preparation: Begin by preheating the air fryer to 320°F (160°C), ensuring the perfect environment for your cake to rise and develop a golden exterior. In a mixing bowl, meticulously cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until a light, fluffy consistency is achieved. Gradually incorporate the eggs, allowing for thorough incorporation with each addition. Introduce the harmonious blend of lemon juice, lemon zest, and plain yogurt, ensuring a luscious amalgamation.
Mingling Flavors: In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt, forming the foundation for the cake’s impeccable texture. Gradually integrate these dry ingredients into the wet mixture, taking care not to overmix and compromise the delicate balance of flavors. Grease a petite cake pan compatible with the air fryer basket and pour the batter evenly, setting the stage for a culinary masterpiece.
Air-Fryer Magic: Place the filled cake pan into the preheated air fryer, allowing the cake to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick emerges clean from the center. The controlled heat of the air fryer imparts a golden hue and a consistently tender texture to the cake.
While the cake undergoes its transformation, prepare the pièce de résistance – the lemon drizzle. Whisk together 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, crafting a tantalizingly sweet and tangy glaze. As the cake emerges from the air fryer, gently pour the lemon drizzle over its warm surface, allowing it to infuse every bite with citrusy splendor.
Allow the air-fried lemon drizzle cake to cool gracefully, its aromas enveloping the surroundings. The marriage of citrusy freshness and perfectly aerated crumb creates a symphony of flavors that dances on the palate. Slice with anticipation, revealing the culmination of your culinary prowess.
Elevate your dessert experience with this Air-Fried Lemon Drizzle Cake, where the innovative use of an air fryer transforms a classic into a contemporary masterpiece. Delight in every bite as the zesty notes and moist texture leave an indelible mark on your culinary repertoire.
Air fryer Lemon drizzle cake
For the Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Lemon Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and plain yogurt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Grease a small cake pan that fits into your air fryer basket.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Place the cake pan in the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooking, prepare the lemon drizzle by whisking together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the lemon mixture over the warm cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and serving.