Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with a crispy crust, nice and fluffy on the inside, and seasoned to perfection! This is the best baked potato you’ll ever make or eat!
Air Frying has become all the hype and for good reason, they cook up the food quickly, don’t heat up the house, and you enjoy most of your favorite dishes without having to deep fry it. This baked potato is one of our favorite air fryer recipes.
Why is this the best air fryer baked potato recipe? It’s perfectly seasoned and ready to go for all your baked potato toppings. You could even enjoy this potato without any toppings because the skin is so flavorful. We just add a little pepper, you could do salt and pepper if you didn’t want to add sea salt or kosher salt the outside. This air fryer baked potato is perfectly seasoned and ready to enjoy after cooking.
CAN YOU BAKE A POTATO IN AN AIR FRYER?
Absolutely and it’s our favorite way to make baked potatoes. Don’t worry, they won’t explode! They get crispy on the outside and stay nice and fluffy inside. Gone are the days heating up the entire house to make a baked potato in the oven. We only recommend the oven if you’re making tons of potatoes and don’t have enough room in the air fryer. We also don’t recommend wrapping them in tinfoil, who wants a soggy steamed potato?
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
- Potatoes: We’re going with Russet because they’re the best for baking
- Avocado Oil: This helps crisp up the skin and it’s a high smoke point oil, if you’re oil free you can just use water from washing the potatoes to make the seasoning stick.
- Parsley: This gives a little flavor and color to the potato skins.
- Kosher Salt: Kosher salt is best for baking spuds, a little goes a long way.
- Granulated Garlic: Go for granulated over powdered garlic.
- Prepping: Pierce the potatoes with a fork and then drizzle them with the oil and sprinkle with the seasonings. Massage the seasoning onto each potato.
- Air Fry: Place the potatoes onto the air fryer basket and air fryer the potatoes at 350 degrees F in an oven style and 400 degrees F in a bucket style.
- Cooking Time: Cook them for 20 minutes on the lower rack of your air fryer toaster oven, flip the potatoes and cook another 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Cool: Allow the potatoes to cool about 5 minutes before cutting open.
- Enjoy: Slice the potatoes open and then push the bottoms of the potatoes in with your fingers to “fluff the potato”. Serve as desired.
AIR FRYER BAKED POTATO TOTAL COOK TIME
The cook time will vary depending on the size of the potato. A small one could take 30 minutes whereas an average size potato will take about 40 minutes. They cook up beautifully and will be some of the best baked potatoes you’ve ever had.
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with a crispy crust, nice and fluffy inside, and seasoned to perfection! This is the best baked potato you’ll ever make or eat!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- 4 russet potatoes medium
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- black pepper to taste
Scrub the russet potatoes clean.
Cover the potatoes with the oil and seasonings.
Massage the seasonings into the potato – you can also pierce them with a fork.
Place the potatoes onto the air fryer basket and air fryer the potatoes at 350 degrees F in an oven style and 400 degrees F in a bucket style.
Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes and then flip the potatoes and cook another 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Allow the potatoes to cool about 5 minutes before cutting open.
Slice the potatoes open and then push the bottoms of the potatoes in with your fingers to “fluff the potato”.
Serve as desired with your favorite toppings.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket – you want to allow the air to circulate around the food to “fry it” with the hot air.
- Adjust the time and temperature if your potatoes are smaller cook less if they’re larger cook longer and possibly reduce the temperature if much larger.
- Bucket style air fryers may not need to flip the potatoes, with oven style flipping helps it evenly crisp the food.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for toaster oven style and 400 degrees F for bucket style.