These air fryer boneless chicken bites is an easy air fryer chicken recipe. It is seasoned with a blend of Cajun and Italian seasoning. Serve it with rice, salad or in a wrap for a wholesome and quick dinner that is ready under 20 minutes.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley to serve
Preheat the air fryer to 400F / 200C for 3-5 minutes.
Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a bowl.
Drizzle the cubed chicken olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and Italian seasoning. Mix or toss to combine.½ Tablespoon Cajun seasoning,1 teaspoon Italian seasoning,½ teaspoon onion powder,½ teaspoon garlic powder,1 Tablespoon olive oil
Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil (optional). Transfer the seasoned cubed chicken to the air fryer basket and spread them out in a single layer. It is okay if they are touching but not overlapping.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket or flipping the chicken with two forks halfway through the cooking time. You’ll know the chicken bites are cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165F / 74C in the thickest part or when they’re no longer pink when you cut one open.
Transfer the boneless chicken bites into a bowl, garnish with freshly chopped parsley, and serve. Enjoy!
- Make it spicy: Add cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes to the seasoning blend for a little kick. Make sure to adjust the amount used to your preference.
- Cut the chicken into similar sizes to cook evenly and on time. Avoid overcooking the chicken bites, or they will turn dry and chewy.
- Spraying the air fryer basket with oil is optional. This step helps to prevent sticking and makes cleaning up easier.
How to store
This recipe is perfect for meal prep. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Calories: 166kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 24gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 133mgPotassium: 453mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 473IUVitamin C: 1mg